Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Mark Bretl <as...@gmail.com> on 2017/08/23 17:49:25 UTC

Gradle Docker Plugin Fails After Upgrading Gradle To 3.5.1

Hi Everyone,

In the last nightly builds, the builds are not running the distributed
tests due to the Docker plugin not being compatible with Gradle 3.5.1. I
didn't notice this in my testing because for 'precheckin' I do not use the
Docker option. I do see the newest version of the Docker plugin should be
compatible with Gradle 3.5+, however, it does look like there are other
breaking changes which we would need to update. I created GEODE-3509 for
this issue.

My inclination is to keep the Gradle Wrapper update, revert the nightly
build config, and work on the Docker plugin as a side issue since it is
only a 'optional' feature at the moment.

Would do people think?

--Mark

Re: Gradle Docker Plugin Fails After Upgrading Gradle To 3.5.1

Posted by Kirk Lund <kl...@apache.org>.
+1 to upgrading both