Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Carfield Yim <ca...@carfield.com.hk> on 2006/11/14 10:14:40 UTC

Can I use resultMap for insert?

We've already create a resultMap for select data from database. However we
need to retype everything for insert query, like

<insert id="insertProduct-ORACLE-type-specified"
parameterClass="com.domain.Product">
       insert into PRODUCT (PRD_ID,PRD_DESCRIPTION)
       values  (#id#,#description#)
      <selectKey resultClass="int" type="pre" >
              SELECT STOCKIDSEQUENCE.NEXTVAL AS ID FROM DUAL
      </selectKey>
</insert>

Can I reuse resultMap so that I can have something like

<insert id="insertProduct-ORACLE-type-specified" resultMap="productResult"
parameterClass="com.domain.Product">
       insert into PRODUCT (PRD_ID,PRD_DESCRIPTION)
       values  (?,?)
      <selectKey resultClass="int" type="pre" >
              SELECT STOCKIDSEQUENCE.NEXTVAL AS ID FROM DUAL
      </selectKey>
</insert>

And then ibatis will help me to field suitable attribute from object to SQL
parameters?

Re: Can I use resultMap for insert?

Posted by Carfield Yim <ca...@carfield.com.hk>.
So I have to accept the duplication of those parameters for insert and
select? Because for me case they will be existlly same

Posted by puneet arya <pu...@yahoo.co.in>.
hi,
     use it different instead of putting in one and as larry told use parameterMap for insert statement..

  Puneet Arya

Larry Meadors <lm...@apache.org> wrote:
  Not a resultMap, but you can use a parameterMap as explained in the user guide.

Larry

On 11/14/06, Carfield Yim wrote:

> We've already create a resultMap for select data from database. However we
> need to retype everything for insert query, like
>
> > parameterClass="com.domain.Product">
> insert into PRODUCT (PRD_ID,PRD_DESCRIPTION)
> values (#id#,#description#)
>
> SELECT STOCKIDSEQUENCE.NEXTVAL AS ID FROM DUAL
>

> Can I reuse resultMap so that I can have something like
>
> > parameterClass="com.domain.Product">
> insert into PRODUCT (PRD_ID,PRD_DESCRIPTION)
> values (?,?)
>
> SELECT STOCKIDSEQUENCE.NEXTVAL AS ID FROM DUAL
>

> And then ibatis will help me to field suitable attribute from object to SQL
> parameters?

 Find out what India is talking about on  - Yahoo! Answers India

Re: Can I use resultMap for insert?

Posted by Larry Meadors <lm...@apache.org>.