Posted to solr-dev@lucene.apache.org by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> on 2006/09/09 00:02:03 UTC

svn:ingore property changes?

i've started to get anoyed enough by the long list of "?" that show up
next to all of the artifcats that are produced by our build.xml that i
finally read up on how exactly to do the equivilent of a .cvsignore and
found that it's entirely controled by a subversion property (which are
pretty easy to use).

would anyone object ot me commiting some prop changes to make subversion
start ignoring the following files/patterns...

        build
        dist
        example/solr/data
        example/solr/bin/*
        example/webapps/*

the "svn diff" is below ...

chrish@asimov:~/svn/solr$ svn diff

Property changes on: .
Name: svn:ignore
   + build
dist

Property changes on: example/solr
Name: svn:ignore
   + data

Property changes on: example/solr/bin
Name: svn:ignore
   + *

Property changes on: example/webapps
Name: svn:ignore
   + *

-Hoss

Re: svn:ingore property changes?

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: global-ignores is not just for temp files, but any common pattern:
:
: global-ignores = *~ #*# *.class *.o *.pyc ...

sure, but these aren't common patterns ... setting a global-ignore on
all files named "commit" isn't a good idea, but in the solr project, in
the path example/solr/bin, it is a good idea since that's just a build
artifact.

Posted by Mike Klaas <mi...@gmail.com>.
On 9/10/06, Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> wrote:

> : you can also edit your .subversion/config file
> : and uncomment the  'global-ignores' line  if there are lot of temp
> : files in various places.
>
> temp files aren't the issue ... it's files that are generated/copied as
> part of the build.
>
> I'll commit the props when i get to work tomorow.

global-ignores is not just for temp files, but any common pattern:

global-ignores = *~ #*# *.class *.o *.pyc ...

-Mike

Re: svn:ingore property changes?

Posted by Ian Holsman <kr...@gmail.com>.
you can also edit your .subversion/config file
and uncomment the  'global-ignores' line  if there are lot of temp
files in various places.

regards
Ian

--