Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by js...@odshp.com on 2002/05/14 20:58:20 UTC

HTTP Proxy Excludes

I'm having trouble excluding internal servers from an internet proxy
in portlets that access data via http.

I've set CATALINA_OPTS=
"-DproxySet=true -DproxyHost=myproxy -DproxyPort=80 -DnonProxyHosts=*.mydomain.com"

and CATALINA_OPTS=
"-DproxySet=true -DproxyHost=myproxy -DproxyPort=80 -Dhttp.nonProxyHosts=*.mydomain.com"

I have also set my url in the portlet xreg entry to be an IP address.
I really thought that would work.  But I can not access internal
servers.  In general, the proxy works.  I can access external data
fine.  I'm using java 1.3.1

Is this just not supported?  Is http proxy an all or nothing thing?

Thank you

---
Jeff Sexton
ODS Health Plans