Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by lokem <fu...@yahoo.com> on 2010/07/02 11:50:04 UTC

REST problem in AMQ 5.4 SNAPSHOT 1st July

Hi folks,

I'm having problems POST-ing and GET-ing messages via REST in the
aforementioned AMQ SNAPSHOT build.

Here's the POST I'm sending which worked till SNAPSHOT 28th June:

POST /demo/message/ HTTP/1.1
Host: 10.20.172.203:8161

destination=FOO_BAR&text=ABCDE&type=queue

The current 1st July SNAPSHOT gives the following error:

HTTP/1.1 500 Could not perform the JMS operation as no Destination was
supplied

Even if I change place the destination queue in the URI, it defaults to a
"topic".  It's as though the POST parameters aren't read.

The other thing is performing a GET.  If I want to consume a message from
FOO_BAR, I'll need to append 2 empty spaces (%20%20) in front like so:

GET /demo/message/%20%20FOO_BAR?type=queue&readTimeout=3000 HTTP/1.1
Host: 10.20.172.203:8161

In both cases, the front 2 characters are chopped.

Anyone knows what's wrong?

Thanks.

Re: REST problem in AMQ 5.4 SNAPSHOT 1st July

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.
Hi,

test for pointing to this. It is a bug introduced while refactoring
the REST API to Jetty 7.

I just fixed it and started a new snapshot build

http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/ActiveMQ-Trunk-Deploy/86/

Can you test it out and confirm it's fixed. Also, it'd be great to
test it thoruoghly and make sure we don't break anything in 5.4.0
release. Any help is more then welcomed.

Cheers

Blog - http://www.nighttale.net