Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2013/12/16 04:50:47 UTC

Easy test/ Easy fix bugs

Hi,

We have an increasing number of bugs being raised and they are bing added faster than current active committers can fix them. Quite a few from a casual glance look easy to fix and a lesser (but significant) number easy to fix.

I've gone though and marked a number as easytest and easyfix, if anyone (committer or otherwise) can test one (or two) that would be a great help. If you can add a sample application showing the issue or adding a patch (where missing) even better.

Easy Test or Easy Fix Bugs:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?filter=12322826

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Easy test/ Easy fix bugs

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
There could have been problems in the way old Adobe bugs were imported in
Apache JIRA. Usually if a bug was fixed there are more comments, so it is
likely that the bug was in some unexpected state and may not actually be
fixed.

However, in reading the bug, I'd be surprised if this was still a problem.
 I would think more folks would have hit it.

-Alex

Re: Easy test/ Easy fix bugs

Re: Easy test/ Easy fix bugs

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> I think you meant "Quite a few from a casual glance look easy to *test* and a lesser (but significant) number easy to fix."

Yep that's what I meant. There's certainly enough there to keep people busy.

Thanks,
Justin

RE: Easy test/ Easy fix bugs

Posted by Maurice Amsellem <ma...@systar.com>.
Wow, you updated a lot of tickets.

RE: Easy test/ Easy fix bugs

Posted by Maurice Amsellem <ma...@systar.com>.
>Well, we can close it as 'works as designed', I think ? Adobe used to have formal specs for how these controls were meant to respond in various states, and I >expect there are tests that check the control meets them.
OK

You'd be able to get the disable on max/min behaviour with a custom skin and subclass of the component, I think ?
> I don't know.

Maurice

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.

RE: Easy test/ Easy fix bugs

Posted by Maurice Amsellem <ma...@systar.com>.

RE: Easy test/ Easy fix bugs

RE: Easy test/ Easy fix bugs

Posted by Maurice Amsellem <ma...@systar.com>.
> I think Windows is broken here actually.

AFAIR, Numeric steppers in Windows always behaved like this, since W95.
 So it probably is not such an annoyance to the end user , don't you think so?
I also asked a few colleagues around me, none think that the component is broken.

Maurice

On 09/01/2014 13:41, Maurice Amsellem wrote:
> So if Windows does not do it , why should we ?
To save people asking "I clicked the up arrow and nothing happened. Why ?".

Re: Easy test/ Easy fix bugs

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.

RE: Easy test/ Easy fix bugs

Posted by Maurice Amsellem <ma...@systar.com>.
IMO, we should reject this ticket.

For example,  in Windows 7, bounded numeric steppers arrows are not disabled when your reach either end, and it does not appear broken.

(to test,  enable sharing on a given directory, and change the value of "simultaneous users", which is in the range 1.20 ).

So if Windows does not do it , why should we ?

Maurice

How should it work? The increment/decrement button should be disabled after reached min/max ?

What do you think about it ?

Piotr

-----

Re: Easy test/ Easy fix bugs

Posted by "piotr.zarzycki" <pi...@gmail.com>.
Yes Tom this is a current behaviour.

-----

Re: Easy test/ Easy fix bugs

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.
On 09/01/2014 13:33, piotr.zarzycki wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just checked this issue ->
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLEX-27542
> How should it work? The increment/decrement button should be disabled after
> reached min/max ?
" Original Resolution: Fixed "

So that's the current behaviour ? I don't have a handy stepper to try
with here at the mo.

Tom

Re: Easy test/ Easy fix bugs

Re: Easy test/ Easy fix bugs

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.
By all means post a list of other things you reckon can be closed and
I'll go through and do it.

Tom

Re: Easy test/ Easy fix bugs

Re: Easy test/ Easy fix bugs

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.
I don't think ' s:NumericStepper freezes on "0" and up/down don't change
values.' means it's fixed ?

Tom

Re: Easy test/ Easy fix bugs

Re: Easy test/ Easy fix bugs

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 12/19/13 4:17 AM, "piotr.zarzycki" <pi...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Another thing, If i can't reproduce some issue should I still attache
>sample
>application ?
Yes please, since we'll then know what you tried.

-Alex

Re: Easy test/ Easy fix bugs