Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by rb...@covalent.net on 2001/01/19 04:56:22 UTC

ap_ to apr_ header name change.

Will,

Are you leaving the ap_*.h files around for a reason?  They really break
the builds on any platform using an exports file.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131

Re: ap_ to apr_ header name change.

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org>.
On Thu, Jan 18, 2001 at 09:58:03PM -0600, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> > Are you leaving the ap_*.h files around for a reason?  They really break
> > the builds on any platform using an exports file.
>
> More specifically, can the exports generator build a hash to eliminate
> duplicate entries?  It might be a useful thing (on purpose) later on?

Nope. It is a context-sensitive thing. It flies thru the file and spits out
information as it goes (e.g. recognizing #ifdef stuff). It can't glom all
the data into a hash, eliminate dups, then spit out the result.

(well, not without a good amount of work)

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/

Re: bug report: 1.3.14 redhat 7

Posted by "Theo E. Schlossnagle" <je...@omniti.com>.
Tony Finch wrote:
> Jie Gao <J....@isu.usyd.edu.au> wrote:
> >redhat 7's dbm header files are no longer in /usr/include/db1 as in redhat 6.*; they
> >are now in /usr/include/gdbm. compile fails for that.
>
> Hmm, have we fixed this bug? Does someone have a copy of RedHat 7 to
> test the build on?

I have a redhat 7.0 box.  Cute thing is that mine compiles fine without the
patch :-)  Now who is swaering again?

db1-devel-1.85-4  is the package that holds these treasures.  Perhaps it is
not installed on Jie's machines.

--
Theo Schlossnagle
1024D/A8EBCF8F/13BD 8C08 6BE2 629A 527E  2DC2 72C2 AD05 A8EB CF8F

Re: bug report: 1.3.14 redhat 7

Posted by Tony Finch <do...@dotat.at>.
Jie Gao <J....@isu.usyd.edu.au> wrote:

>redhat 7's dbm header files are no longer in /usr/include/db1 as in redhat 6.*; they
>are now in /usr/include/gdbm. compile fails for that.

Hmm, have we fixed this bug? Does someone have a copy of RedHat 7 to
test the build on?

Tony (swearing at incompetent Linux maintainers).
--
f.a.n.finch    fanf@covalent.net    dot@dotat.at
" ``Well, let's go down and find out who's grave it is.''

Re: bug report: 1.3.14 redhat 7

Posted by Jie Gao <J....@isu.usyd.edu.au>.
On Sat, 20 Jan 2001, Joe Orton wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 19, 2001 at 05:44:45PM -0600, Austin Gonyou wrote:
> > I thought you could install db1, db2, and db3 headers?
>
> You can indeed: but in case it has not been made clear so far, the only
> ones you need for Apache are DB1, from the db1 and db1-devel packages as
> others have mentioned.  You can use "rpm -q db1 db1-devel" to check the
> packages are installed.

I did not have db1-devel installed. I have now installed all the needed
packages, applied the RH patch, and everything is working fine now.

Many thanks to you all, and best luck for 1.3.15!

Jie

Re: bug report: 1.3.14 redhat 7

Posted by Joe Orton <jo...@redhat.com>.
On Fri, Jan 19, 2001 at 05:44:45PM -0600, Austin Gonyou wrote:
> I thought you could install db1, db2, and db3 headers?

You can indeed: but in case it has not been made clear so far, the only
ones you need for Apache are DB1, from the db1 and db1-devel packages as
others have mentioned.  You can use "rpm -q db1 db1-devel" to check the
packages are installed.

Regards,

joe

Re: bug report: 1.3.14 redhat 7

Posted by Austin Gonyou <au...@coremetrics.com>.

Re: bug report: 1.3.14 redhat 7

Posted by Joe Orton <jo...@redhat.com>.
Hi,

bug report: 1.3.14 redhat 7

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
> Are you leaving the ap_*.h files around for a reason?  They really break
> the builds on any platform using an exports file.

More specifically, can the exports generator build a hash to eliminate
duplicate entries?  It might be a useful thing (on purpose) later on?

RE: ap_ to apr_ header name change.

Posted by rb...@covalent.net.
I'd rather not.  The server won't build out of CVS right now.

Ryan

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.