Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by antalk <an...@intercommit.nl> on 2011/06/23 13:17:17 UTC

ProgressiveDisplay in a custom component?

Hi all,

I have a component which in itself contains a 'ProgressiveDisplay'
component, however it does not catch the 'PROGRESSIVE_DISPLAY' event in
there but i want to handle this in the page that contains my custom
component.

Is this possible ? If so how and what should the annotation @OnEvent look
like ?

Thx,
 Antal

Re: ProgressiveDisplay in a custom component?

Posted by Massimo Lusetti <ml...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 2:20 PM, Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
<th...@gmail.com> wrote:

> ProgressiveDisplays should handle the events and trigger them again. I guess
> you can find some examples in the mailing list or in JumpStart.

Nice memory Thiago... ;-)

Cheers
--
Massimo
http://meridio.blogspot.com

Re: ProgressiveDisplay in a custom component?

Posted by antalk <an...@intercommit.nl>.
Thanks !

Hadn't thought of that, works beautiful !

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, 23 Jun 2011 08:17:17 -0300, antalk <an...@intercommit.nl> wrote:

> Hi all,

Hi!

> I have a component which in itself contains a 'ProgressiveDisplay'
> component, however it does not catch the 'PROGRESSIVE_DISPLAY' event in
> there but i want to handle this in the page that contains my custom
> component.
> Is this possible ? If so how and what should the annotation @OnEvent look
> like ?

Events bubble up (from inner to outer component) and pages are components.
All component event handler methods are the same in Tapestry, so
@OnEvent(EventConstants.PROGRESSIVE_DISPLAY) void xxx() { . . . } should
be enough as long as you have just one ProgressiveDisplay instance in your
page. If you have more than one, your component that declares the
ProgressiveDisplays should handle the events and trigger them again. I
guess you can find some examples in the mailing list or in JumpStart.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
and instructor
http://www.arsmachina.com.br