Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Branden Strickland <op...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/20 18:40:24 UTC

POS - Epson TM-T88III installation Where are the JARs?

Ok, I think about set up with this thermal printer, but I have a very
important question.

I've gone through and set up  Linux's  RXTX for the serial cable .
I've set up  EPSON JavaPOS ADK for TM series printers. (which included also
setting up Java Communications API)

I can't for the life of me figure out 2 things.
1) I'm required to provide 2 jar files that I can't find anywhere, and as
far as I can tell, I can't build the jar from anything either.
2) My thermal printer is parallel right now, I probably have to get a
parallel to serial converter for this to work eh?  Or is parallel considered
a 24 pin serial?

Thanks!

Re: POS - Epson TM-T88III installation Where are the JARs?

Posted by Branden Strickland <op...@gmail.com>.
oh I'd love to use the other version, but I can't find it anywhere to
download!  That one has nice instructions and everything!

I think i'm almost through this one, but If anyone knows where to grab 1.8,
I'd be happy.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Branden,

From: "Branden Strickland" <op...@gmail.com>

Posted by Branden Strickland <op...@gmail.com>.
AHAH!!! (excited find)

Posted by Branden Strickland <op...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Branden Strickland <op...@gmail.com>.
Jacques,

Posted by Branden Strickland <op...@gmail.com>.

FTL / EntityListIterator Question

Posted by "skip@thedevers" <sk...@thedevers.org>.
Hope everyones having a great holiday.

I didn't get any responses to an earlier query, so I came up with a plan
that I wanted to ask for comments on.  To repeat the problem:

---------
I have this ftl script that displays a list from an EntityListIterator.
This ftl script has a link on the primary key in the list to display a
second ftl screen showing the details of the fields in the selected
GenericValue from the EntityListIterator.

I have a request to be able to click a button from this detail screen and
show the next and (hopefully) previous record from the EntityListIterator,
and thereby move through the list a record at a time from the detail screen.
I am passing the id field as a parameter to the detail screen and do a
findByPrimaryKey() to get the detail.  I can't see any
GenericDelegator.findNext() or anything like it which would be exactly what
I need.  The entity can sometimes contain a million records or more so I
would prefer not to get all the keys and then search through them,
especially considering that I have an active EntityListIterator.
-----------

What I have decided to try is this:

Create a java class that holds an EntityListIterator, the current primary
key, and a reference to a java timer.  The instantiator would create the
EntityListIterator and use iter.next() to move through the list until the
key is found.  Subsiquent calls would just do an iter.next() or
iter.previous() to return the next/previous record.

A java timer would be set for say... 10 minutes and if the timer goes off
the owner class would be asked to destroy the object and cause
EntityListIterator.close() to be called.

My worries are these:

1.  There would usually be two EntityListIterator on the same table/view.
2.  The instantiation/iter.next() calls would come from (presumably)
different threads.  I am worried about this because of David's comments
about transactions.

A question I had is, is there  a global way to know when a user accesses a
different module, say going from ordermgr/control/main to
partymgr/control/main.  If I could detect this, I could promptly close the
EntityListIterator without having to wait on the timer.

Does anyone see any problems or pitfalls to avoid?  Or perhaps a better
and/or simpler solution.

Skip

Checked by AVG.
8:10 AM

Re: POS - Epson TM-T88III installation Where are the JARs?

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Did you read this carefully :
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/POS+System#POSSystem-&nbsp;HowsetuptheEpsonJavaPOSADK1.801.82forOFBiz?\!&nbsp; Actually all the
page should interest you...