Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Michael Schuerig <mi...@schuerig.de> on 2005/01/07 03:31:16 UTC

LocalTransport: Setting operation metadata?

I'm using LocalTransport in a unit test involving out parameters.
Currently, I'm getting back these parameters with names that are
determined through introspection. Is there some programmatic way to set
metadata like this explicitly?

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig                         Those people who smile a lot
mailto:michael@schuerig.de                             Watch the eyes

Re: LocalTransport: Setting operation metadata?

Posted by Michael Schuerig <mi...@schuerig.de>.
On Friday 07 January 2005 03:31, Michael Schuerig wrote:
> I'm using LocalTransport in a unit test involving out parameters.
> Currently, I'm getting back these parameters with names that are
> determined through introspection. Is there some programmatic way to
> set metadata like this explicitly?

Well, I've found a way, but one that's presumably somewhat fragile :-(
I'm initializing the local server with a custom RPCProvider

    private class TestProvider extends RPCProvider {
        public void initServiceDesc(SOAPService service,
                MessageContext msgContext)
                throws AxisFault {
            super.initServiceDesc(service, msgContext);
            fixupServiceDescription(service.getServiceDescription());
        }
    }

In fixupServiceDescription I get hold of the OperationDesc and
ParameterDesc instances I need to twiddle.

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig                           The more it stays the same,
mailto:michael@schuerig.de                        The less it changes!