Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Gopalakrishnan <tg...@rediffmail.com> on 2004/07/08 05:59:12 UTC

Problem while calling servlet.......

Hai
I am trying to compile and .jrxml file created by iReport to create .jasper file by calling compileReport() method of jasperreport package.
While trying to compile .jrxml file using jasper report it create a intermediate .java file and by using that it creates the .jasper file. After compilation it deletes that .java file. The .java file intern refers some packages of jasper report.
While i tried the thing with standalone example it worked, but when i tried the same thing from a servlet it throws error of classNotFoundException for the all the classes refered by the intermediate .java file created by the jasper report(java file is created at tomcat's root directory).
jasperreport.jar is in classpath and i tried to compile the created .java file manually(using textpad) it works, but it is
not working when we call the compileReport() method from servlet.
I am using Tomcat 5 and jasper report 0.5.3
Pls help me to solve this

Thanks
T.Gopalakrishnan