Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Al Byers <by...@automationgroups.com> on 2007/01/09 22:20:29 UTC

Thought on webtesting - rolling back transactions

I was just thinking about testing and thought I would ask this question - is
there a way to incorporate long transactions or some other mechanism so that
multiple requests could be made within the context of a single WebTest and
have all those transactions rolled back at the end? That seems to be the
nice thing about jUnit tests and I was wondering if there was some
reasonable way to do it for tests that are run over the net?

-Al

Re: Thought on webtesting - rolling back transactions

Posted by Al Byers <by...@automationgroups.com>.
I figure I might as well jump in with both feet. At a minimum I might get a
lesson in basic transaction control.

The obvious problem with long transactions in a web environment is that
UserTransaction only deals with the current thread, but TransactionManager
has getTransaction and resume methods. Does that open the door for getting a
transaction object, saving it in a session and restoring it to the current
thread when the user comes back?

-Al

Posted by Al Byers <by...@automationgroups.com>.
Tim,