Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Mitch Kyle <mk...@mailserv.caris.com> on 2012/12/03 21:15:53 UTC

Adding a goal to tomcat7-maven-plugin to build an artifact that is both deployable and executable

Currently the tomcat7-maven-plugin allows for the creation of an
executable jar, Which is fine but because it can't be deployed to tomcat,
it requires us to release two artifacts.

What I was thinking would be an alternate goal that would instead build a
war file for the application with the tomcat code at the root allowing it
to be launched as an application or deployed to another container. (ex.
jenkins.war with embedded jetty)

Any thoughts or concerns? Should I move forward with this? Any input is
welcome.

Thanks,
Mitch