Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by "Sergey Grebnov (Akvelon)" <v-...@microsoft.com> on 2014/08/14 18:23:22 UTC

Adding Windows tests to http://ci.cordova.io/

Hi,  I want to introduce our new test team members Maria and Anton who has recently joined our team and made a couple of Medic improvements.

#1 They created special scripts to automate Medic set-up [1]. Using these scripts you can set up local Medic instance including OSX or Windows master and required slave instances (currently supports windows slaves only).
#2 Various fixes and documentation improvements. PR is available here [2]
#3 Set up local Medic instance[3] to track platforms healthiness on Windows (currently supports of Android, WP8  and Windows Universal Apps).

Taking into account that OSX master can now support Windows slaves I wonder if we can include windows tests support to http://ci.cordova.io/ so that we finally have single place for all supported platforms tests results. As per David notes and Medic repo activities it looks like that Max Woghiren is one of the owners of this area , isn't it? Max, what do you think about this idea and what help we can provide from our side (including hosting of Windows slaves)?

[1] https://github.com/MSOpenTech/medic-bootstrap
[2] https://github.com/apache/cordova-medic/pull/16
[3] http://msot-master.cloudapp.net:8010/

Thx!
Sergey

RE: Adding Windows tests to http://ci.cordova.io/

Posted by "Parashuram Narasimhan (MS OPEN TECH)" <pa...@microsoft.com>.
Sounds good, Sergey can probably restart this thread after you return. In the meantime, did others on this mailing list try out setting up medic on Windows? The hope is that this script makes is super simple and anyone should be able to contribute test results back.

Welcome, Maria and Anton—looking forward to working with you. :)

The scripts will certainly be handy, and I am on board with the idea of adding Windows tests to ci.cordova.io.

However, starting tomorrow, I'm away until Tuesday, August 26th, so the timing is unfortunate.  I won't be able to review the PR or work on getting Windows on Cordova CI until then.

Posted by Max Woghiren <ma...@chromium.org>.

Posted by Michal Mocny <mm...@chromium.org>.
How exciting!

Yes, Max is taking CI work over from David.  At the moment a lot looks red
so he is frantically repairing ;)

-Michal

Posted by "Parashuram Narasimhan (MS OPEN TECH)" <pa...@microsoft.com>.