Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Marcus Tillmanns <m....@cube-tec.de> on 2004/06/30 17:40:34 UTC

Changes from Axis 1-1 to 1-2

Hi all,

I recently began to write a WebService using Axis. After one day of constant
trouble I switched from Version 1-1 to 1-2. On the next day, I found the
little sections I didn't saw the day befor and got almost everything to
work. Because of 1-2 being beta, I decided to switch back to 1-1. Then the
trouble started again. The Skeleton Files generated by 1-2 weren't
compatible, which is understandable. So I rolled back everything and resetup
a working 1-1 configuration with wsdl2ws. Again, I got everything up and
running, but then real trouble started.

I have a wsdl file with a Method declared this way:
 <!-- Add Job Message -->
 <wsdl:message name="addJobRequest">
  <wsdl:part name="jobid" type="xsd:int"/>
 </wsdl:message>
 <wsdl:message name="addJobResponse">
  <wsdl:part name="addJobReturn" type="xsd:int"/>
 </wsdl:message>
  <wsdl:operation name="addJob" parameterOrder="jobid">
   <wsdl:input message="intf:addJobRequest" name="addJobRequest"/>
   <wsdl:output message="intf:addJobResponse" name="addJobResponse"/>
  </wsdl:operation>
  <wsdl:operation name="addJob">
   <wsdlsoap:operation soapAction="Dobbin4Web#addJob"/>
    <wsdl:input name="addJobRequest">
     <wsdlsoap:body
     namespace="http://localhost/axis/Dobbin4Web"
     use="encoded"/>
    </wsdl:input>
   <wsdl:output name="addJobResponse">
    <wsdlsoap:body encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
    namespace="http://localhost/axis/Dobbin4Web"
    use="encoded"/>
   </wsdl:output>
  </wsdl:operation>
But instead of creating a Method of Form:
int addJob(int value0);

I now get:

void addJob(int Value0, int Value1);

Since Value1 ain't no reference I can't explain this to myself.  All other
Methods I declared look similar.

In my Test Client the lines:
Dobbin4Web dobWeb();
int result = dobWeb.addJob(0,0);

generate the error:
d:\projects\c++\dobbin\dobbinwebservice\testclient\testclient.cpp(15) :
error C2228: left of '.addJob' must have class/struct/union type

Can someone explain this to me ? The wsdl worked fine with 1-2.

Many Thanks in advance,
Marcus Tillmanns