Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sawan <sa...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/29 14:07:27 UTC

Configure Tomcat 6 windows service with SSL

Hi experts,

I have installed Tomcat 6 windows service using its installer
"apache-tomcat-6.0.13.exe". Now its running fine on "http://localhost:8080",
but my problem is to run Tomcat 6 on SSL port that is
"https://localhost:8443".

I have used the steps listed on following link...
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/ssl-howto.html

But did not got success.

Can any one provide me baby steps to configure Tomcat 6 with SSL.

Thanks in advance

Sawan

RE: Configure Tomcat 6 windows service with SSL

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Sawan [mailto:sawan.k.sharma@gmail.com]
> Subject: Configure Tomcat 6 windows service with SSL
>
> I have installed Tomcat 6 windows service using its installer
> "apache-tomcat-6.0.13.exe".

Because you used the .exe download, you may well have APR installed.
The SSL configuration for that is completely different from that for the
pure Java SSL connector.  If you want to use the standard Java connector
and its SSL configuration, remove the tcnative-1.dll file from Tomcat's
bin directory.  If you wnat to use APR with SSL, look here:

    http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/apr.html

especially the HTTPS section.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.