Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Perrin Harkins <pe...@elem.com> on 2006/11/16 21:38:23 UTC

RE: Basic Mod_Perl 1 and Apache 1.3 Issue: Unable to get the requested page.

On Thu, 2006-11-16 at 12:50 -0500, Sumit Shah wrote:
> Thanks Perrin. Our production environment is running mod_perl 1 and
> apache 1.3 that comes with Oracle 9iAS. Based on the deadlines, the
> plans to upgrade have been moved to a future date.

Can you at least move off Windows?  Mod_perl 1 runs very well on Linux
and other unix systems, just not on Windows.  If you have to stay on
Windows and mod_perl 1, at least read this:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/os/win32/multithread.html

> I have narrowed down the problem. Below is the Perl script/module that
> should invoke a servlet for every request it recieves using Perl
> Sockets. What I am seeing is that the perl module is invoking the
> servlet for some requests and for some it does not (i.e. does NOT write
> GET / HTTP 1.0 on the socket stream).

There are known problems with using sockets in mod_perl 1 on Win32.  You
can try the fix suggested here, setting ThreadsPerChild to 1:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/perl-modperl/200308.mbox/%
3C20030809035551.1271.qmail@web20422.mail.yahoo.com%3E

- Perrin