Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by varun sirohi <s....@gmail.com> on 2017/08/22 10:53:08 UTC

ActiveMQ REST API: HTTP 204 no content response

Dear Team,

We are integrating with external Apache ActiveMQ server using REST API's.
We often get HTTP 204 no content from the ActiveMQ server while doing HTTP
GET. We have used the 'oneShot' parameter. We have not used session cookies
and 'clientId' parameter while invoking the REST call. The server team
mentioned that they have set the set prefetch size to 1.

1.       We are sending a request using HTTP POST like '
https://Serverhost:8161/api/message/reg.request?type=queue&oneShot=true'.
The POST is always successful and also returns 'messageID' in the HTTP
Response headers.

2.       We are then making a HTTP GET  to fetch the response by setting
the 'selector' header in HTTP Request Headers. 'JMSCorrelationID' is passed
with the value of 'messageID' returned in the HTTP POST response. The URL
is used as 'https://Serverhost:8161/api/message/reg.response?type=
queue&oneShot=true'.

In the HTTP GET call, we frequently receive HTTP 204 after 60 seconds of
time wait period. We make dynamic connections ranging from 0 to 8 according
to the load. The maximum threads given at ActiveMQ server side is 12. I
need your expert advice in resolving this issue. I am struggling to resolve
this issue. I have gone thru the below documentation.

·         Web page documentation used: 'http://activemq.apache.org/rest.html
'

·         ActiveMQ version: 5.13.x

Please help.