Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com> on 2019/06/23 15:40:23 UTC

weird behavior in reply lately

Hi folks,

I'm not sure if something is wrong, but lately I keep replying to
individuals instead of the mailing list (or sometimes both). Did
something change in our mailing servers? Or could it be that gmail
changed its behavior perhaps?

Re: weird behavior in reply lately

Posted by Michael Brohl <mi...@ecomify.de>.
+1

In almost every case replies go to the list.

Regards,

Michael

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
I didn't mean any disrespect, my apologies Mathieu.  My email was written
out of frustration that something worked well for many years and suddenly
changed for the worse (in my opinion).

Regards
Scott

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Appears to me that it happened around the same time that Pierre asked infra
to add unsubscribe footers to list emails.  Was working late May, had
stopped by 4th June.

Regards
Scott

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.
Awesome, it works again. Very cool.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Thanks Aditya,

Posted by Aditya Sharma <ad...@apache.org>.

Posted by Aditya Sharma <ad...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Posted by Mathieu Lirzin <ma...@nereide.fr>.
Hello Jacques

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Yeah I don't see any need to vote or discuss going back to the behavior
everyone was used to for the past decade and was changed by accident.

Regards
Scott

Posted by Mathieu Lirzin <ma...@nereide.fr>.
Hello Deepak,

Deepak Dixit <de...@apache.org> writes:

> I think we should ask infra to set it as it was.
> I agree everybody was happy with it.

There are some nuances between not complaining and being happy with
something. :-)

Posted by Deepak Dixit <de...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Thanks Deepak,

Posted by Deepak Dixit <de...@apache.org>.

Posted by Deepak Dixit <de...@apache.org>.
Hi Jacques,

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Le 28/06/2019 à 11:32, Hannes Geist a écrit :
> Please return to the previous behavior,
Again, are we sure it was the case? Did someone investigate with Infra?

Jacques

Re: weird behavior in reply lately

Posted by Hannes Geist <hg...@hgeist.com>.
Hello,
i agree. I have filters moving ofbiz mailing list messages to a special folder.
I would very much like to contribute to the community one day, but for now I am submerged in my current ofbiz project and it feels like "spam" that mailing list messages started popping up in my main
folder about 1-2 months ago.
I don't want to read your fights over details, for now. I just want to stay informed / maybe find solutions that are not documented elsewhere yet.
Also, if people have to adapt every mail client there is to do it "correctly", you just loose developers with this attitude. I imagine people work on multiple projects and are in multiple mailing
lists and do not want to go the extra mile just for ofbiz.
Please return to the previous behavior, be practical. It's not like you're discussing state secrets here.
Best Regards
Hannes Geist

12:23:50 +0300

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.