Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Halley Pacheco de Oliveira <ha...@yahoo.com.br> on 2005/12/13 09:52:15 UTC

How do I contribute translation?

I extracted the Apache Derby DITA-sourced documentation using SVN, translated some DITA files, and
created the output using ant pdf.getstart

I know that IBM Cloudscape page in the Internet at

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/cscv/v10r1/index.jsp

has a Brazilian Portuguese HTML version, and the Getting Started book has a  Brazilian Portuguese
PDF version at

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/epubs/pdf/c51780691.pdf

but this link is broken. I don't know if the PDF version is completely translated, once not all
HTML pages in this site are in Brazilian Portuguese.

So, I started the translation of the Getting Started book into Brazilian Portuguese and I would
like to know if after finishing the translation I could contribute this translation and how to do
that, if I will contribute the PDF, the HTML or the DITA files.

Thanks,
Halley

http://br.yahoo.com/homepageset.html

Re: How do I contribute translation?

Posted by Andrew McIntyre <mc...@gmail.com>.
On 12/13/05, Halley Pacheco de Oliveira <ha...@yahoo.com.br> wrote:

> So, I started the translation of the Getting Started book into Brazilian Portuguese and I
> would like to know if after finishing the translation I could contribute this translation and
> how to do that, if I will contribute the PDF, the HTML or the DITA files.
>
> Thanks,
> Halley

Oh, in response to the second part of this question: please contribute
DITA files. Our build system will generate the PDF and HTML files from
the DITA source files. It might be useful to read the instructions on
this page: http://db.apache.org/derby/manuals/dita.html for more
information on DITA and how we build the manuals.

andrew

Re: How do I contribute translation?

Posted by Andrew McIntyre <mc...@gmail.com>.
On 12/13/05, Halley Pacheco de Oliveira <ha...@yahoo.com.br> wrote:

> So, I started the translation of the Getting Started book into Brazilian Portuguese and I
> would like to know if after finishing the translation I could contribute this translation and how
> to do that, if I will contribute the PDF, the HTML or the DITA files.
>
> Thanks,
> Halley

Hi Halley,

You can certainly contribute your translation whenever you like. The
proper way to do this would be to open up a new item in our bug
tracking system, JIRA, at http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY.
Set the type of bug to 'improvement' and the component to
"documentation" and provide a description of what you contributing.
Then, attach the new, translated files to the issue, making sure that
you check the 'Grant license to ASF' option when uploading the files
to JIRA. This grants us a license to use your contribution in Derby
under the terms of the Apache Software License, linked from the front
page of our website if you haven't read it yet.

Thank you for your offer to help with the manuals!

andrew