Posted to kandula-dev@ws.apache.org by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com> on 2010/08/23 16:59:16 UTC

Update on 1.5.2 release

Hi y'all:

Quick update on the 1.5.2 release.  With Andreas' many fixes and cleanups, we
should theoretically be able to use the Maven release plugin in order to
stage and perform this release on Apache's Nexus server.  We're currently
waiting for a staging profile to be set up there and then we should be able
to put a release candidate up.

I'm traveling today but should be able to resync tonight if things are good
to go by then, otherwise the hope/expectation is to get something up for
inspection by the end of the week.

Thanks,
--Glen

Re: Update on 1.5.2 release

Posted by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>.
On 8/30/2010 3:21 PM, Andreas Veithen wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 08:07, Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com> wrote:
>>  We have to fix this before the release, since this was the whole reason for
>> 1.5.1 in the first place.  My proposal for now would be to revert Jarek's
>> change and re-test the branch with Rampart.  If the 1.5.1-style code works,
>> then we'll need to figure another way to fix AXIS2-4751.  If not, though, we
>> go from there and try re-applying r951718, finding another way to fix the
>> Rampart issue.
>
> How much time will it take to figure out the right fix?

Figure a day or two after I manage to get a successful Rampart build...?  If
we can get a "new" solution agreed upon that also solves 4571, great, and if
not we can just release 1.5.2 with the same code as 1.5.1 - but we need to
reconfirm that that indeed works with Rampart 1.5.

--Glen

Re: Update on 1.5.2 release

Posted by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>.

Re: Update on 1.5.2 release

Posted by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>.

Re: Update on 1.5.2 release

Posted by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>.

Re: Update on 1.5.2 release

Posted by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>.

Re: Update on 1.5.2 release

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 08:07, Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com> wrote:
> On 8/29/2010 6:58 AM, Andreas Veithen wrote:
>> Something went wrong with the creation of the staging profile; see
>> INFRA-2939 for more details.
>
> Roger.  Hopefully we can get this resolved soon.
>
> Couple of other things, sort of a "good news, bad news" situation. :)
>
> 1) Are you good with taking the RM role for this release, Andreas?  At this
> point you've done so much awesome work pulling the config together and
> cleaning things up that I think you should be the one to go ahead and
> announce/vote it.  Is that cool with you?

That was anyway what I was going to do ;-)

Re: Update on 1.5.2 release

Posted by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com>.
> 2) Unfortunately, I hadn't taken enough care to note the disposition of
> AXIS2-4751.  Now that Jarek's current changes are on the branch, the built
> code will have regressions for several earlier issues (search for "axis2
> close_wait" - AXIS2-2883 is a good example) - just confirmed this on Windows.
>  We have to fix this before the release, since this was the whole reason for
> 1.5.1 in the first place.  My proposal for now would be to revert Jarek's
> change and re-test the branch with Rampart.  If the 1.5.1-style code works,
> then we'll need to figure another way to fix AXIS2-4751.  If not, though, we
> go from there and try re-applying r951718, finding another way to fix the
> Rampart issue.

Glen,

I disabled connection reuse because it was causing weird problems with
Rampart. If you enable connection caching with my changes (one line
change) or revert my changes all together I believe the results will
be the same. I think there are other problems in Axis2 or Rampart that
cause Rampart failures when connection caching is done.

The problem with the old connection reuse code that it wasn't quite
thread safe.

Jarek

Re: Update on 1.5.2 release

Posted by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com>.

Re: Update on 1.5.2 release

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: Update on 1.5.2 release

Posted by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com>.

Re: Update on 1.5.2 release

Posted by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com>.

Re: Update on 1.5.2 release

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: Update on 1.5.2 release

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: Update on 1.5.2 release

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: Update on 1.5.2 release

Posted by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com>.

Re: Update on 1.5.2 release

Posted by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>.

Re: Update on 1.5.2 release

Posted by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>.

Re: Update on 1.5.2 release

Posted by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>.

Re: Update on 1.5.2 release

Posted by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>.

Re: Update on 1.5.2 release

Posted by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>.

Re: Update on 1.5.2 release

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.
Something went wrong with the creation of the staging profile; see
INFRA-2939 for more details.

Andreas

Re: Update on 1.5.2 release

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: Update on 1.5.2 release

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: Update on 1.5.2 release

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: Update on 1.5.2 release

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: Update on 1.5.2 release

Posted by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>.

Re: Update on 1.5.2 release

Posted by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>.

Re: Update on 1.5.2 release

Posted by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>.

Re: Update on 1.5.2 release

Posted by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>.

Re: Update on 1.5.2 release

Posted by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>.

Re: Update on 1.5.2 release

Posted by Rick McGuire <ri...@gmail.com>.

Re: Update on 1.5.2 release

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.
While waiting for the creation of the staging profile, here are the
pending todo items:

* Complete the release notes (and any other documents that need to be updated?).
* Remove the old release profile and scpexe repository from the root
and parent POMs.
* Agree on an approach for the site. I started to rework the Maven
site on the trunk, but left the site on the 1.5 branch untouched. My
proposal would be not to generate the site during the 1.5.2 release
and to update the HTML pages by hand (especially because Glen already
did some fixes to the generated pages, namely the download pages). We
should then invest time to fix the Maven site on the trunk (e.g.
replace all references to ws.apache.org).

Andreas

Re: Update on 1.5.2 release

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: Update on 1.5.2 release