Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Skip Hollowell <sk...@skipdaddy.com> on 2007/08/13 15:02:50 UTC

[S2] 2 Select Boxes, one based on the other

I apologize profusely for what has got to be a FAQ, but I can't find
reference to this at all, either Googling or in my message archives.

I have the classic problem of 2 select boxes, and the values of the
second select will change based upon the choice in the first box.  I am
using a simple theme at the present time, and have no immediate plans to
move to anything AJAX related for this release.

I have seen ComboBox and AutoComplete, but these don't seem to come
close to what is needed.  IS there a Struts 2 based way to do this, or
am I back to JavaScript?

Thanks for any help, and again, I very much apologize for posting what
must be a very basic question.

Skip Hollowell

Re: [S2] 2 Select Boxes, one based on the other

Posted by Rene Gielen <gi...@it-neering.net>.
Indeed there is no way without Javascript. The s2 tag Skip is searching
for is
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WW/doubleselect

Posted by Zoran Avtarovski <zo...@sparecreative.com>.