Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Dasa Paddock <dp...@esri.com> on 2012/07/03 23:32:08 UTC

RSL load error

When I create a new project in Flash Builder after running makeApacheFlexForFlashBuilder.sh and change the Framework linkage to "Runtime shared library (RSL)", it creates "framework_${build.number}.swf" in the bin-debug, but at runtime, it tries to load "framework_1355585.swf" and gets a 404 response.

I think the cause of this issue is that this is how the rsl-url is in the flex-config.xml file:

	<runtime-shared-library-path>
		<path-element>libs/framework.swc</path-element>
		<rsl-url>framework_${build.number}.swf</rsl-url>
	</runtime-shared-library-path>

--Dasa

AW: RSL load error

Posted by "christofer.dutz@c-ware.de" <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi,

Is it intenional, that the textLayout have the same version as the FDK?
Up to Flex 4.6 textLayout and osmf tended to have individual versions.

Chris

This is fixed in RC2. It now loads these RSLs at runtime for a basic test app:

framework_4.8.0.1358354.swf
spark_4.8.0.1358354.swf
textLayout_4.8.0.1358354.swf

I first had to make this change to makeApacheFlexForFlashBuilder.sh though:

APACHE_FLEX_BIN_DISTRO_URL=http://people.apache.org/~cframpton/ApacheFlexRC/current/binaries/apache-flex-sdk-4.8.0-incubating-bin.zip

Thanks,
--Dasa

Re: RSL load error

Posted by Carol Frampton <cf...@adobe.com>.

On 7/6/12 6 :31PM, "Dasa Paddock" <dp...@esri.com> wrote:

>This is fixed in RC2. It now loads these RSLs at runtime for a basic test
>app:
>
>framework_4.8.0.1358354.swf
>spark_4.8.0.1358354.swf
>textLayout_4.8.0.1358354.swf
>
>I first had to make this change to makeApacheFlexForFlashBuilder.sh
>though:
>
>APACHE_FLEX_BIN_DISTRO_URL=http://people.apache.org/~cframpton/ApacheFlexR
>C/current/binaries/apache-flex-sdk-4.8.0-incubating-bin.zip

Thanks.  I forgot about that.  It also brings up the point that this URL
also needs to be changed to the final destination of the kit.

Carol

Re: RSL load error

Re: RSL load error

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> When I create a new project in Flash Builder after running makeApacheFlexForFlashBuilder.sh and change the Framework linkage to "Runtime shared library (RSL)", it creates "framework_${build.number}.swf" in the bin-debug, but at runtime, it tries to load "framework_1355585.swf" and gets a 404 response.

I can also reproduce this issue with an SDK packed up by the SDK packager.

This is probably significant enough to raise a JIRA issue for it.

The issue might be "fixed"  by -Dbuild.number=135585 when compiling/running ant.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: RSL load error

Posted by Dasa Paddock <dp...@esri.com>.
No, I just ran makeApacheFlexForFlashBuilder.sh from the latest src I got from the github mirror.

--Dasa

Re: RSL load error

Posted by Rick Winscot <ri...@gmail.com>.

Re: RSL load error

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 7/4/12 12:27 AM, "Justin Mclean" <ju...@classsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> Looks like something we need to fix.  FWIW, RSL configuration will not help
>> most folks since they are no longer cross-domain cached.
>
> Being cached on the save server is still an advantage in some cases. For
> instance when you have multiple apps on the same server or have an application
> that is updated frequently.

Yes, I'm not saying it isn't useful, but it isn't the default now because it
won't be as helpful to as many.

FWIW, it occurs to me that this is not a problem with the RC.  The
utilities/scripts that fix up the release for FB might need to swap in the
build-number in the flex-config.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team