Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Simon Kitching <si...@ecnetwork.co.nz> on 2004/03/28 08:33:09 UTC

[digester] plugins refactoring

Hi,

Ok, the refactored code for plugins is now committed on the
DIGESTER_PLUGINS_REFACTORING_BRANCH tag.

There is still a little work to go: the RuleFinder classes which load
dynamic rules via xmlplugins-style files just throw an "unimplemented"
exception at the moment. But that's not important to the basic
refactoring approach.

So if anyone is interested in reviewing the code I've committed on that
branch, please do.

And I also need to test my (large) app which uses the plugins feature
against the refactored code; it's a real good test harness :-). That may
take a while, though..

Aside from these, I think plugins is now ready for inclusion in an
official release. I've got no other "to-do" items on my list.

Regards,

Simon

Re: [digester] plugins refactoring

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
On 3 Apr 2004, at 08:01, Simon Kitching wrote:

<snip>

>> So if anyone is interested in reviewing the code I've committed on
>> that
>> branch, please do.
>
> Yes, please do :-)

i hope put to put some time aside tomorrow to do this. (i'd like to
have enough time so that i can definitely look at it all in one go.)

- robert

Re: [digester] plugins refactoring

Posted by Simon Kitching <si...@ecnetwork.co.nz>.
On Sun, 2004-03-28 at 18:33, Simon Kitching wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Ok, the refactored code for plugins is now committed on the
> DIGESTER_PLUGINS_REFACTORING_BRANCH tag.
>
> There is still a little work to go: the RuleFinder classes which load
> dynamic rules via xmlplugins-style files just throw an "unimplemented"
> exception at the moment. But that's not important to the basic
> refactoring approach.

Well, I've now committed this code to the above branch. As far as I am
concerned, plugins is 100% complete.

> So if anyone is interested in reviewing the code I've committed on that
> branch, please do.

Yes, please do :-)

> And I also need to test my (large) app which uses the plugins feature
> against the refactored code; it's a real good test harness :-). That may
> take a while, though..

This has been done, and all works as expected.

> Aside from these, I think plugins is now ready for inclusion in an
> official release. I've got no other "to-do" items on my list.

Yep. The only "to-do" item is to merge the code into the trunk!

Regards,

Simon