Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Lucas Benevides <lu...@maurobenevides.com.br> on 2018/04/05 20:13:49 UTC

Upgrade to 3.11.2 disabled JMX

Dear community members,

I have just upgraded my Cassandra from version 3.11.1 to 3.11.2. I kept my
previous configuration files: cassandra.yaml and cassandra-env.sh. However,
when I started the cassandra service, I couldn't connect via JMX (tried to
to it with a java program, with JConsole and a prometheus client).

When I run netstat -na it does not show port 7199 open.
Tried to look at the logs but didn't see anything.

Can you figure out why it happened and point any possible solution? Config
files enable JMX with authtenticaion=false, but it doesn't work.

Thanks in advance,
Lucas Benevides

Re: Upgrade to 3.11.2 disabled JMX

Posted by Nicolas Guyomar <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lucas,

There are usually some logs in system.log at node startup regarding JMX
initialization, are those OK ?