Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Rafal Krzewski <Ra...@e-point.pl> on 2001/03/23 21:51:41 UTC

Re: cvs commit:jakarta-velocity/src/java/org/apache/velocity/texen Generator.java

Jon Stevens wrote:
> I'm not objecting at all...but...
>
> Just curious, why do we do this?

1) Some people consider using .*s in imports as the sign of sloppy
and careless programming. So fully qualifying would please them,
if they review our code sometime.

2) When you reorganize the package structure, the compiler will
help you to keep track of what moved where, when you fully
qualify the classes.

3) It *could* speed up the compilation a bit, but I don't see much
purpose in speeding up jikes... (oh well maybe the machine I use
in the office is too fast :))

Rafal

--
Rafal Krzewski