Posted to user@struts.apache.org by John De Lello <Jo...@DelWare.com> on 2006/08/29 17:24:03 UTC

Session Timeout

Hey Everyone,

I am trying to use a custom session timeout JSP. To do this, I extended
"RequestProcessor" and overrode "processPreprocess" and added the following
code:

        HttpSession     sess = req.getSession(false);

        if(sess == null){
		// even when the session IS timed out, I never get here.
             String uri = "/myapp/sessiontimeout.jsp";
             try{
                doForward(uri, req, resp);
            }catch(Exception ex){}

            return false;
        }

The problem is, even when I know the session was expired, I never get a null
session. Am I missing something?

Thanks
John

Come back to same JSP

Posted by Maya menon <ma...@yahoo.com>.
All,

  I have a jsp page, to add new records to the database. Now, when the records are added succesfully I have to come back to the same page with the fields populated with the added values.

  how do i achieve this ?

  Please let me know.

  Thanks