Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Kevin Smith <ks...@redhat.com> on 2007/01/22 17:08:29 UTC

Java Build

Hello all -

I've just checked out qpid from subversion and am trying to build the Java code.
I've followed the build setup docs on the wiki but Maven appears to be unhappy:

"Reason: Error getting POM for 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-install-plugin'
from the repository: Failed to resolve artifact, possibly due to a repository
list that is not appropriately equipped for this artifact's metadata.
      org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-install-plugin:pom:2.2-SNAPSHOT"

I've searched the list archives but haven't found any info that would help me
get past this block. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin

Re: Java Build

Posted by Daniel Kulp <da...@iona.com>.
On Monday 22 January 2007 15:39, Robert Greig wrote:
> On 22/01/07, Kevin Smith <ks...@redhat.com> wrote:
> > > Are you building with the 1.6 jdk? I ran into similar issues when
> > > trying that, but reverting back to 1.5 seemed to do the trick.
>
> We have also been unable to build with 1.6 which is *extremely*
> frustrating since we want to run with 1.6 for our performance testing.
>
> Surely it is possible to build with 1.6? Does anyone know to set that up?
>
> RG

It looks like a bug in maven someplace.   It's also not fixed with the maven
2.0.5 release candidate.

That said, it's seems to be a bug in the artifact resolution and downloading.
Once the artifact is downloaded to your ~/.m2/repository, it seems to work
fine.   Thus, if you build once with JDK 1.5 to get all the plugins resolved,
you should then be able to work with JDK 1.6 for future builds/tests.   You
may need to run in offline mode (-o switch).

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer

Re: Java Build

Posted by Robert Greig <ro...@gmail.com>.

Re: Java Build

Posted by Kevin Smith <ks...@redhat.com>.
Tomas Restrepo wrote:
>> "Reason: Error getting POM for
>> 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-install-plugin'
>> from the repository: Failed to resolve artifact, possibly due to a
>> repository list that is not appropriately equipped for this
>> artifact's metadata.
>>      org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-install-plugin:pom:2.2-SNAPSHOT"
>>

> Are you building with the 1.6 jdk? I ran into similar issues when trying that, but reverting back to 1.5 seemed to do the trick.
>

> Tomas Restrepo
> tomas.restrepo@devdeo.com
> http://www.winterdom.com/weblog/

That's it! Reverting to 1.5.0_09 allows me to build.

Thanks....

--Kevin

RE: Java Build

Posted by Tomas Restrepo <to...@devdeo.com>.