Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Sharad Jain <s....@gtisoft.com> on 2005/08/24 23:04:39 UTC

Ant FTP (transferring Unix-format file from Windows to Linux fails)

Hi Everybody,

I am encountering an interesting behaviour with Ant's <ftp> task that I
cannot explain and wonder if anybody else has come across this.
I am transferring a bug of *.h and *.cpp files from Windows to unix in
text-file format (this correctly takes care of converting dos-format
line-endings into unix format; <ftp binary="no">).
Also if a file is already in unix format, it leaves the file untouched
(as expected).
However, I have this one file (please find attached file: xutil.cpp) on
which the <ftp> hangs !?!
The file is in unix-format. If I manually convert file to dos-format,
then <ftp> does not hang and properly transfers file to linux machine
while also converting it to unix-format. However, I dont understand why
it hangs when the file is in unix-format already ?

Any ideas ?

-sharad

Sharad Jain
Gamma Technologies, Inc.