Posted to log4net-user@logging.apache.org by David Elliott <we...@hotmail.com> on 2004/05/24 18:23:02 UTC

Configuration Questions

I am just starting out using Log4Net.  I have looked through the .chm file
and the introduction.html
files and still have some questions on the items contained within the
configuration file and in general.

General
============================
1) What is the difference between using <appender> and <logger>?
2) Is there an example somewhere for Level Inheritance?

<Root>
============================
2) What is the default level for <root> if one is not specified?
3) <appender-ref> is implemented to reference by name.  What does this buy
me?

<logger>
1) Is the <name = "LoggerName"> the same as
log4net.LogManager.GetLogger("LoggerName") ?
2) How do you log to different places within the application?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave