Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Jonathan Revusky <jr...@terra.es> on 2002/05/05 20:41:29 UTC

Why doesn't Velocity have floating point?

Guys,

I am intrigued by this. Geir said that everybody knew why Velocity did
not have floating point -- except for me. I honestly assumed that the
reason was simply that, as a clone of WebMacro, it did not have floating
point because WebMacro did not have floating point.

It is being suggested that it is not for this reason.

Here's your chance. If that's not the reason why, then what is the
reason? Why on earth does Velocity not have floating point?

(If this is in a FAQ list somewhere, just point me to it. I really
honestly want to know.)

Regards,

Jonathan Revusky
--