Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Lior Shliechkorn <li...@yahoo.com> on 2003/05/02 15:56:27 UTC

[OFF-TOPIC] Please help - Session management

Hello, Hope everyone's having a good friday, and can maybe help me have a good one as well. I'm trying to terminate a session when a user closes down the browser window mid session and the session is still active in memory. The user has to log in again to the system when the browser is closed, but I don't want to keep the previous session in memory for the remainder of the time. Also, there's a flag on the database that the user is "logged in" currently, and I can not turn that flag off when the user closes the window. And when the user tries to log in again, he receives a message that the user is currently being used. Can anyone please help me with this issue, or provide me with some code or trick to do this? I tried the java.sun.com site and the forums and I just get a lot of people "assuming" that this and that might work. I'm just stuck, and I have no idea what to do. Thanks a lot for your time,Lior