Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Sachin Janani <sj...@snappydata.io> on 2016/05/24 06:42:59 UTC

Issue with Spark Streaming UI

Hi,
I'm trying to run a simple spark streaming application with File Streaming
and its working properly but when I try to monitor the number of events in
the Streaming Ui it shows that as 0.Is this a issue and are there any plans
to fix this.Attached is the screenshot of what it shows on the UI.

Regards,
Sachin Janani

Re: Issue with Spark Streaming UI

Posted by Saisai Shao <sa...@gmail.com>.
I think it is by design FileInputDStream doesn't support report info,
because FileInputDStream doesn't have event/record concept (it is file
based), so it is hard to define how to correctly report the input info.

Current input info reporting can be supported for all receiver based
InputDStream and DirectKafkaInputDStream.