Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by EngR H <h_...@yahoo.com> on 2004/12/05 16:44:33 UTC

Performance

Hello Again!

Am working with WCK, customized it to work on my DMS, the problem is that the performance is too slow! when i tried to debug and see which methods takes much time, I found that alot of methods are called twice, and don't know why, for example giving the uri of /files the following methods are called twice before going to the next level:
getChildrenNames()
readProperties()
getLastModified()
getLastModified()

Is there any thing that should be adjusted?? or is that the normal behaviour of the WebdavServlet??

any suggestions??

Regards
rony

Re: Performance

Posted by John Rousseau <jr...@archivas.com>.
I am seeing this also (see my previous post).

We can deal with Very Large Objects in our archive, and the hard-coded 2k buffer size in org/apache/slide/webdav/method/GetMethod.java was killing read performance. Getting a single chunk of data from our archive is a bit expensive, so I implemented a better buffering scheme (with a still hard-coded limit). Unified diff is attached.

On my local machine, I went from ~115KB/sec reads to ~9MB/sec reads for large objects.

If someone with commit privs would review, I would appreciate it.

Thanks
-John