Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Barbara Nelson <bn...@extricity.com> on 2000/11/09 00:16:41 UTC

3.2 Release ?

What is the '3.2 release issue'?  Can we expect to see a final version of
Tomcat 3.2 any time soon?

We're testing with Tomcat 3.2 beta 6, but don't want to ship with it until
it's final.

Many thanks,
Barbara Nelson.

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
Barbara Nelson wrote:

> What is the '3.2 release issue'?  Can we expect to see a final version of
> Tomcat 3.2 any time soon?
>
> We're testing with Tomcat 3.2 beta 6, but don't want to ship with it until
> it's final.

The current plan is to create a "3.2 beta 7" release tomorrow, which reflects
a large number of bug fixes committed over the last several days.  We'll give
that a few days for people to try it out, and if no critical bugs are found,
it'll be released as "3.2 final".  If there are any critical bugs found and
fixed, we might need to repeat the cycle one more time.

To avoid possibly destabilizing things, non-critical 3.2 bug fixes (and
feature enhancements) will be deferred to some possible future maintenance
release.

> Many thanks,
> Barbara Nelson.

Craig McClanahan