Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by cs...@trickhosting.biz on 2014/08/28 16:37:51 UTC

Second Management Server

I am not understanding how to make the second management server work,

If these are the command that I ran on the first management server.

cloudstack-setup-databases
cloud:**********@cstsql1.pvdc.chlt.**********.com
--deploy-as=root:************
cloudstack-setup-management

What is the correct way to add a second one? Do I still need to mount the
secondary storage and copy the template or not?

Thanks

Re: Second Management Server

Posted by Xerex Bueno <xb...@LPSIntegration.COM>.
You run, cloudstack-setup-databases cloud:password@Œip/hostname¹.  Don¹t
use deploy-as on the secondary server.  Also you don¹t need to touch
secondary storage.  Let me know if you have any other questions.

On 8/28/14, 9:37 AM, "cstack@trickhosting.biz" <cs...@trickhosting.biz>
wrote:

>I am not understanding how to make the second management server work,
>
>If these are the command that I ran on the first management server.
>
>cloudstack-setup-databases
>cloud:**********@cstsql1.pvdc.chlt.**********.com
>--deploy-as=root:************
>cloudstack-setup-management
>
>What is the correct way to add a second one? Do I still need to mount the
>secondary storage and copy the template or not?
>
>Thanks

This document is PROPRIETARY and CONFIDENTIAL and may not be duplicated, redistributed, or displayed to any other party without the expressed written permission of LPS Integration, Inc. If you are not the intended recipient and have received this email in error, please destroy the email and contact the LPS Integration Security Officer at 866-577-2902 (Phone), 615-349-9009 (Fax) or 230 Great Circle Rd. Suite 218 Nashville, TN 37228 (US Mail)

AW: Second Management Server

Posted by Abu Bashiri <ab...@gmail.com>.
You have to run the command without the deploy-as option (that would override your existing database).
The command actually sets db host / user / password in the file /etc/cloudstack/management/db.properties

To have a redundant setup, you need a LB in front (UI). The SysVMs connect to the management server over Ports 8250. You have to replace the IP of the Host global setting of the first management server with the LB virtual IP.