Posted to user@struts.apache.org by hezjing <he...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/29 03:25:42 UTC

[S2] Starter application in IE & Firefox

Hi

I created Struts2 starter application as shown below,

   mvn archetype:create
   -DgroupId=com.fdar.apress.s2
   -DartifactId=app
   -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.struts
   -DarchetypeArtifactId=struts2-archetype-starter
   -DarchetypeVersion=2.0.9-SNAPSHOT
   -DremoteRepositories=http://people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository

then, I modified pom.xml and changed the dependencies to JUnit 4.4 and
Struts 2.0.11.

When loaded the application in Firefox, I can see the menu bar ("Menu
1", "Menu 2" and etc) displayed on the top.

When loaded the application in IE 6.0, the same menu bar is missing!

Do you what could be the problem?

--

Hez

Re: [S2] Starter application in IE & Firefox

Posted by hezjing <he...@gmail.com>.
Hi

OK, the same problem occured even before the dependencies are modified.
The following are the steps I performed,

1) Create the starter application
    > mvn archetype:create
    -DgroupId=com.fdar.apress.s2
    -DartifactId=app
    -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.struts
    -DarchetypeArtifactId=struts2-archetype-starter
    -DarchetypeVersion=2.0.9-SNAPSHOT
    -DremoteRepositories=http://people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository

2) Run the starter application
    > mvn jetty:run

3) Open Firefox and goto http://localhost:8080/app

4) Open IE 6.0 and goto http://localhost:8080/app

The menu is displayed on top of the page in Firefox, but NOT in the IE 6.0.
Can you reproduce the same problem?

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.