Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com> on 2018/11/27 12:36:09 UTC

[DISCUSSION] user display name

Hello All,

I have started to work on
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENMEETINGS-1851
And some question raised I would like to discuss

I'm planning to add DB field "displayName" so every user can edit it and
choose how his/her name will be displayed in room user list and chat
messages

*Q1 are there any other places?*

This field will be set to "firstname lastname" by default
The plan is to make this field editable in
1) Admin->Users
2) User profile

*Q2 I believe teachers might not be happy if their students will change
their display names several times a day, so I guess this should be
disablable, am I right?*

Maybe there are other concerns?

--
WBR
Maxim aka solomax

Re: [DISCUSSION] user display name

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
Should be implemented,

would appreciate if you can test build #501+ from
https://builds.apache.org/view/M-R/view/OpenMeetings/job/OpenMeetings%204.0.x/
And report any issues found

Thanks in advance

Posted by Daniel Baker <in...@collisiondetection.biz>.