Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Brian Fox <br...@infinity.nu> on 2014/08/11 03:28:11 UTC

Default to SSL

https://repo.maven.apache.org is up now so we can flip to ssl when
ready. Is the consensus to get this into 3.2.3 or to wait for more
time to test?

We may want to consider switching the repository.apache.org url in our
poms as well.

Re: Default to SSL

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@takari.io>.
I'll put up a 3.2.3 for a vote later today.

On Aug 11, 2014, at 5:43 AM, Brian Fox <br...@infinity.nu> wrote:

> Pushed
>
> On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 2:08 AM, Jason van Zyl <ja...@takari.io> wrote:
>> If all the Apache links are working then I think for that change alone it's worth a release.
>>
>> Brian, if you provide all the links or just make the changes in core I can cut the release quickly.
>>
>> On Aug 10, 2014, at 6:53 PM, Mark Derricutt <ma...@talios.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I see that Leiningen has already made a new release defaulting to the SSL version.
>>>
>>> I recall from the dev hangout the other week discussion maybe putting it in behind a setting for 3.2.3 and defaulting it later on? I think I'd be down for just switching cold turkey.

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Jason

>> Jason van Zyl
>> Founder,  Apache Maven
>> http://twitter.com/jvanzyl
>> http://twitter.com/takari_io
>>
>> Three people can keep a secret provided two of them are dead.
>>
>> -- Benjamin Franklin

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl
http://twitter.com/takari_io

What matters is not ideas, but the people who have them. Good people can fix bad ideas, but good ideas can't save bad people.

 -- Paul Graham

Re: Default to SSL

Posted by Brian Fox <br...@infinity.nu>.
Pushed