Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Powell Molleti <pm...@vmware.com> on 2015/09/01 00:42:32 UTC

Re: Running Zookeeper in VM

The following should help?. Generally speaking VM/Baremetal/Container all
have the same requirements as mentioned below. You wouldn¹t want to
schedule all the zookeepers VMs on the same host perhaps.

https://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/trunk/zookeeperAdmin.html#sc_designing

https://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/trunk/zookeeperAdmin.html#sc_commonProblem

Re: Running Zookeeper in VM

Posted by Ted Dong <td...@splicemachine.com>.
Thanks Powell for the links.

>From what I've found it seems that there are no technical reasons not to
run ZK in a VM other than perhaps running all or some VMs on the same host
machine.