Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Kamlesh kumar <ka...@yahoo.com> on 2006/07/31 08:25:03 UTC

namespace validation

I am interested in knowing whether AxisCPP validates
the namespaces for a soap request or not ? In other
words does it verify that all the elements in the soap
request belong to the same namespace as defined in
wsdl ?

I tried digging into Axis CPP source code and came
across the getElement() method in SoapDeSerialzer.cpp.

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/webservices/axis/trunk/c/src/soap/SoapDeSerializer.cpp?view=markup
Although it takes "pNamespace" as one of the
parameters
it does not actually use it to validate in the code.
So it seems like we only look at the element name and
ignore the namespace. Is this the desired behavior or
does it need to be fixed?

I would appreciate any insight into this issue. Thanks

-Kamlesh

Re: namespace validation

Posted by Nadir Amra <am...@us.ibm.com>.
Validation is a sore-spot as far as AXISCPP.  There are a lot of places
where it should validate and does not.  Open a JIRA (if one is not already
created) and attach a simple wsdl with resultant output from web service
if possible.

Nadir K. Amra