Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by jasiii <ja...@comcast.net> on 2021/02/27 01:23:59 UTC

Netbeans 12.2 ?? Wacked ??

Ok  total newbie  and I have gotten netbeans 12.2 into a warp

I am on an Apple running Big Sur with current updates.

Trying to get a Malven project to run for learning and testing.

At this point when I open the preferences option I get a full screen where the cursor just blinks and I can NOT click on anything
I do get the message that the Application is not responding

If or when I try to run the project I get a java error (surprise) command execution failed
java.lang.module.FindException: Error reading module: /Users/jasiii/NetBeansProjects/mavenproject_fxtest/target/classes
Caused by: java.lang.module.InvalidModuleDescriptorException: NewJFrameTest.class found in top-level directory (unnamed package not allowed in module)
Command execution failed.

Is there a prefs file that can be deleted to reset netbeans ??

If there a configuration file that can be edited ??

Or should I just delate all and start over from scratch ??

Or does anyone have any other suggestions or tips to try ??

Thanks in advance

Jim Sterling

Re: Netbeans 12.2 ?? Wacked ??

Posted by Paulo Toledo <pa...@yahoo.com.br.INVALID>.
Hi,

The NewJFrameTest class cannot be in the default package.

Here is the project file, for which it compiled without errors.

Paulo

Re: Netbeans 12.2 ?? Wacked ??

Posted by Paulo Toledo <pa...@yahoo.com.br.INVALID>.
Hi,

What version of JDK or OpenJDK?

And, if it is a test project that can be shared, make it available so
that I can reproduce the error.

Paulo