Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2020/01/31 16:31:52 UTC

doing a uima-wide parent pom release?

Hi,

Richard has enhanced the uima-wide parent pom (UIMA-6181) to fix some m2e
eclipse integration issues.

I'd like to release this. Any objections?  The release would have just this one
change.

-Marshall

Re: doing a uima-wide parent pom release?

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org>.
On 1. Feb 2020, at 20:42, Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> wrote:

> Anyone volunteering to do the work of moving enforce-compatibility, spotbugs,
> pmd, jacoco profiles?

I will move the spotbugs, pmd, and jacoco profiles.

The only problem with the "enforce-compatibility" profile is that it cannot
load its post-processing script from the classpath. That would require an
upstream fix/contribution - ... - or an unnecessarily complex Maven configuration
which would extract the post-processing script from e.g. the build-resources
artifact.

So I wonder if it is the right time to move the "enforce-compatibility" profile
or whether it would be better to wait until it can be done properly.

-- Richard

Re: doing a uima-wide parent pom release?

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Anyone volunteering to do the work of moving enforce-compatibility, spotbugs,
pmd, jacoco profiles?

-M

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org>.
On 1. Feb 2020, at 09:32, Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org> wrote:

>> We have the profile "enforce-compatibility" in the uima-uimaj parent pom which could
>> also be moved up into the parent. It is activated by a marker file, so it shouldn't
>> break anything if it is added there. At least uimaFIT is also using this profile.
>
> Hm, this profile involves at least the api-report.groovy post-processing file.
> One would need to check if that file can be moved to our uima-build-resources
> artifact...

Unfortunately, JApiCmpMojo.java is presently unable to retrieve the post-analysis script
from the plugin classpath - only from the file system.

But I'm not the first to notice ;)

  https://github.com/siom79/japicmp/issues/257

-- Richard

Re: doing a uima-wide parent pom release?

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org>.
Anyway...

+1 for doing a parent-pom release.

Cheers,

-- Richard

Re: doing a uima-wide parent pom release?

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org>.

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org>.

Posted by Peter Klügl <pe...@averbis.com>.
+1