Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org> on 2007/12/16 12:18:14 UTC

[s2] Build changes

FYI, I'm working on the XWork and Struts 2 builds, trying to do a few things:
 * Automatic deployment of xwork and struts 2 snapshots (by Bamboo)
 * Automatic deployment of struts 2 assemblies (by Bamboo)
 * One step creation of assemblies, including j4 backport jars

One of the stumbling points of the project right now is releases are
still not as easy as they should be and this makes it hard to get
users involved early.  By automatically deploying assemblies, users
can get usable versions of the code by downloading full builds that
even include docs.

Don

Re: [s2] Build changes

Posted by Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org>.
Ok, I believe I have the first cut at the assembly builds.  They were
very out of date, and didn't include all the jdk14 jars, particularly
for plugins.

I'm sure there are more jars we should be bundling, so take a look.
As far as I can tell, the steps go:

mvn -Pall,j4,alljars clean install
cd assembly
mvn assembly:assembly

Don

Re: [s2] Build changes

Posted by Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org>.

Re: [s2] Build changes

Posted by Martin Gilday <ma...@imap.cc>.
Sounds very useful, especially for people wanting to test out the latest
2.1.x.

Re: [s2] Build changes

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2007/12/17, Don Brown <do...@gmail.com>:

> Yep, if you look in the OpenSymphony maven 2 repository, you'll see
> the -jdk14 jar.  I closed the ticket accordingly.

Well, thank you :-)

Ciao
Antonio

Re: [s2] Build changes

Posted by Don Brown <do...@gmail.com>.
Yep, if you look in the OpenSymphony maven 2 repository, you'll see
the -jdk14 jar.  I closed the ticket accordingly.

I'm working on cleaning up the assembly right now as it is rather out
of date.  I'm really hoping we can use the release plugin...will make
things much easier.

Don

Re: [s2] Build changes

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.