Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Alexander Klimetschek <ak...@day.com> on 2008/07/09 15:52:57 UTC

Wiki updates

Hi all,

I just wanted to explain my public Wiki [1] changes:

1) I moved some pages so that the site map view on the index page
(which is just a "list children recursively under the root of the wiki
space") actually shows all pages. Previously there were some child
pages under the Index page that you did not see in the site map - only
at the bottom of the index page. I moved them to the top and did some
reorderings.

2) Since not everyone is allowed to delete pages (only committers), I
also created a "z Page Archive" (z is for forcing it at the end of the
site map, since Confluence 2.2 only does alphabetical ordering) as a
container for old pages.

3) The index page now contains all the links of the main Sling site
for faster cross-navigation.

4) Finally I added some crucial documentation on the available
Scripting variables on [2]. Would be cool if the experts can review it
(I took the SlingBindings and DefaultSlingScript classes as reference)
and maybe add additional vars/objects that are available in other
scripting languages - or the different syntax to use.

BTW: to move pages, you have to click on "Edit" for a page and then
click on the yellow EDIT button below the page title input field, next
to "Location". You can choose a parent page there. To put things under
root (such as the "Index", "Introductions" or "FAQ" pages), just leave
the parent page field empty. Then click the normal Save button to
apply the change.

[1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SLING
[2] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SLING/Scripting+variables

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek
alexander.klimetschek@day.com

Re: Wiki updates

Posted by Alexander Klimetschek <ak...@day.com>.
Today I added another wiki page for a description of the script
resolution (that is also missing from the main site as vital part of
the documentation):

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SLING/URL+to+Script+Resolution

This is currently incomplete and maybe wrong/outdated in some points.
Improvements and corrections are welcome!

Regards,
Alex