Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/14 13:36:59 UTC

Re: Quick general question I need answered for a Design meeting I have today regarding WebService retry's please

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 1:24 PM, Mick Knutson <mk...@baselogic.com> wrote:
> I need a little ammo for a meeting I have today and I can research further
> if this is easily possible with Camel... but:
>
> I have several dozen JAXB webservices that I can call for my application.
> Several are VERY slow, and some will fail and require retry
> attempts. Usually 3-4 attempts in order to succeed (I know, but this is
> another dept that owns the services).
>
> I am wondering 2 things:
>
> 1. Can camel help me to make my Spring JAXB webservices asynchronous? I know
> I can use CXF.

Yeah Camel have a client API which allows you to invoke any Camel
endpoint in async manner.
http://camel.apache.org/async

ProducerTemplate have many asyncXXX method which makes that easy to do.

> 2. Can I set Retry Attempts on those services?

You can let it be a Camel route and then use Camel Error Handler to
setup retry policy.

from("direct:myAsyncStuff").to("cxf:xxxx");
Where cxf:xxx is the endpoint to that faulty webservice.

Then you have a Camel route which the Camel error handler can use for
redelivery.

--
Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer

Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/davsclaus

Re: Quick general question I need answered for a Design meeting I have today regarding WebService retry's please

Posted by Mick Knutson <mk...@baselogic.com>.
Awesome! Thanks for the quick reply. Now I have what I need for my meeting,
and more ammo to add Camel to this project.

---