Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org> on 2016/04/08 10:57:06 UTC

Embedding additional information in the UIMA descriptors

Hi,

is there some mechanism that allows me to add non-standard information to UIMA descriptors, e.g. in a custom XML namespace?
I have tried it in a type descriptor, but then I get a message like:

  The XML parser encountered an unknown element type "ref:externalReferences".

Cheers,

-- Richard

Re: Embedding additional information in the UIMA descriptors

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
I don't know off the top of my head.  I think the parsing is done by standard
SAX style Java parsers, so there might be some way to configure this. Also, if I
recall correctly, there was some flag to enable/disable checking of the xml
against UIMA's resourceSpecifierSchema.xsd (in uimaj-core/resources/).

-Marshall