Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Shereen <sh...@hotmail.com> on 2011/04/05 15:25:15 UTC

Holding Company financial question

Hi everyone
I have a question regarding the concept of holding company
I've the accounting department which is a sub organization from the whole
company

I know that I can setup the accounting of this accounting department
separately and get all transactions and reports aside from the whole company

But my question is:
do the transaction done in sub company affect the transactions done in main
big holding company?

for example if the sub organization is required to pay 1000
in the accounts payable of the whole company will this appear i the accounts
payable?

I'd be glad for any clarifications

thanks

Re: Holding Company financial question

Posted by Anil Patel <an...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
It depends on how you code your Accounts Payables reports for parent company. You can choose to include or not include. In Ofbiz we do have some reports that include transaction of sub organizations as well.

Thanks and Regards
Anil Patel
HotWax Media Inc
Find us on the web at www.hotwaxmedia.com or Google Keyword "ofbiz"