Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ryuji Yokoyama <ry...@ryuji.net> on 2002/03/03 17:00:22 UTC

Is this error?

Hello All!

I just installed Tomcat4.0.3.  When I ran Tomcat.  I got following
exceptions.  However, Tomcat seems working.  I could see welcome page at
localhost:8080.  Is my Tomcat working correctly?  And what does mean these
exceptions?  How can I get rid of these expceptions?  I am using Tomcat
with Apache on Windows.

Thanks in advance.

Catalina.start: LifecycleException: null.open: java.net.BindException: Address
already in use: JVM_Bind:8080
LifecycleException: null.open: java.net.BindException: Address already in use:
JVM_Bind:8080
at org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpConnector.initialize(HttpConne
ctor.java:1130)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.initialize(StandardService.j
ava:454)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.initialize(StandardServer.jav
a:553)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:780)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:681)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:179)
java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcces
sorImpl.java:25)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:243)
----- Root Cause -----
java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind:8080
at org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpConnector.open(HttpConnector.j
ava:950)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpConnector.initialize(HttpConne
ctor.java:1128)

RE: Is this error?

Posted by Brian Adams <bi...@satx.rr.com>.
Hi Again,
this is not normal. looks like you had tomcat already running and you tried
to start it again.
tomcat was trying to bind port 8080 and it was already bound by something(in
this case tomcat). that is why you see your welcome page on 8080.
To stop this error make sure you are only starting tomcat once.