Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by MonKeY <ho...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/08 10:24:38 UTC

Does the KAFKA support the FTP data source directly?

Hello,
   We have lots of logs generated by our production cluster in our FTP
server, and we want to try to use the KAFKA to load these data. But as a
newer, I don't know whether the KAFKA support the FTP data source directly.
    I have browsed most of the KAFKA wiki & document & presentation slides,
but I don't find any information related with the FTP.
    So, I come here to ask this question. Hope someone can help me.
    If KAFKA supports the FTP data source directly, which class should I
use in the Producer, is there any simple sample code?
    And if KAFKA doesn't support the FTP data source directly now, does it
mean that we should complete the FTP data source producer by ourselves?

Thank you.